Commercial Mortgage Loan Processor / Coordinator
Wilshire Finance Partners is a growing balance sheet lender and manager of several real estate debt funds. Our internal funding platform provides debt financing and equity capital secured by apartments/multifamily and commercial real estate located in the Western United States.
About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Vice President, Credit Administration, the right candidate must be able to evaluate, process, and service multiple multi-family and commercial real estate loans. Assist and manage the expectations of the sales team and/or borrowers related to timelines and appropriate documentation.
- Point of contact for sales team and underwriters throughout the due diligence and closing process to coordinate documents and information and to answer any questions that may arise. Work independently through complex transactions and identify issues and concerns, coordinate the communication of requests with the appropriate loan officer and/or manager to expedite resolution.
- Effectively manage expectations of sales teams in terms of timelines and completion of loan documentation checklist throughout the due diligence process. Review borrower's loan application package, prepare additional information and convey any issues discovered to the underwriting team. Validate the borrowers/principal's/entity structures and financial liquidity.
- Order, obtain and review preliminary title report, underlying title documents and title proforma for acceptability and required endorsements. Review all plotted easements. Coordinate with the underwriter to obtain approvals and clearances of title matters.
- Order, obtain and review third party reports, including, appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports; coordinate with the underwriter to obtain approvals and clearances of the reports.
- Coordinate and review property insurance and property taxes; coordinate with the underwriter to obtain approvals and clearances.
- Confirm escrow has been opened.
- Assist with loan document preparation; determine accurate signatures on loan documents and assemble underwriting and legal documentation files.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of guidelines and comply with underwriting policies and requirements, industry standards, conveyance/settlement procedures, current real estate laws and appraisal requirements.
- Develop and maintain contact with sales teams, closing teams, outside agencies (e.g. title, brokers, designated law firms and their staff, insurance and escrow companies) in order to obtain a complete application package and/or documentation for all loan transactions.
- Ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of data entry into the client relationship management (CRM) and loan servicing systems.
- Perform audit of sales file and underwriting file for submission to the servicing department.
Education, Skills & Experience (no exceptions please):
- Strong Partnership Skills/Team Player
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and balance multiple loans and assignments.
- Ability to work and communicate within all levels of management
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a credit analyst, processor, credit administrator, junior underwriter, or similar position in the commercial mortgage industry is required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Full-time, on-site at our Newport Beach office
- Financial Services
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental & vision for employee and immediate family
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A team-oriented office environment
For immediate consideration:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilshire Finance Partners
1400 Newport Center Drive, Suite 250
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Please apply in confidence.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.