Commercial Mortgage Credit Analyst
Wilshire Finance Partners is a growing balance sheet lender and manager of several real estate debt funds. Our internal funding platform provides debt financing and equity capital secured by apartments/multifamily and commercial real estate located in the Western United States.
We seek a motivated and detail oriented individual with experience as a Commercial Mortgage Credit Analyst or Commercial Mortgage Junior Underwriter to join our Newport Beach team.
About the Opportunity
The Commercial Mortgage Credit Analyst will work closely with the underwriting and origination team and is responsible for processing, analyzing and facilitating loan requests secured by apartments/multifamily and commercial real estate. The Credit Analyst will obtain and review reports, documents and information; assist with processing and underwriting; assist loan closings; drive the management of post-funding loan covenants, draw requests and disbursements; assist with loan portfolio management; and assist with regulatory reporting.
Education, Skills & Experience (no exceptions please):
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in real estate, business, accounting or finance.
- 2+ years of commercial mortgage experience as a credit analyst, processor, credit administrator, junior underwriter, or similar position.
- Working knowledge and application of commercial mortgage underwriting principles; including, without limitation, concepts, mathematical calculations and metrics used in the analysis of commercial mortgage requests; property and borrower due diligence; review of rent rolls, operating statements and leases; financial statement and tax return analysis; and the necessary documentation required for underwriting and closing commercial mortgages.
- Direct, hands-on experience with CoStar, including, without limitation, pulling and analyzing reports and information, is desired.
- Experience with Excel (including the creation of new spreadsheets and financial modeling), Word and Outlook; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and balance multiple loans and assignments.
- Self-starter and critical thinker who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Passion for real estate, strong work ethic, pride in work, team orientation, acute attention to detail and desire to learn.
Full-time, on-site at our Newport Beach office
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental & vision for employee and immediate family
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A team-oriented office environment
For immediate consideration:
- Email: email@example.com
Wilshire Finance Partners
1400 Newport Center Drive, Suite 250
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Please apply in confidence.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.