Vice President – Director of Credit Administration
Wilshire Finance Partners is a balance-sheet lender specializing in small-balance multifamily and commercial mortgage loans. We seek an experienced Commercial Mortgage Underwriter with multifamily and commercial real estate loan underwriting experience to join our Orange County, CA team.
Wilshire Finance Partners is a growing, non-bank portfolio lender that provides multifamily and commercial real estate bridge loans to real estate investors.
Job Summary: The Vice President - Director of Credit Administration will be a player/coach in the processing, underwriting, and servicing of real estate loans secured by multifamily (5+ units) and commercial real estate nationwide. In addition to processing and underwriting loans, the Director of Credit Administration will train, coach and develop the other members of the underwriting team to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and speed of the loan approval and closing process.
- Process multifamily and commercial real estate bridge loans.
- Underwrite multifamily and commercial real estate bridge loans.
- Assist with loan structuring, risk mitigation, and loan feasibility.
- Perform due diligence on borrowers, guarantors, and collateral.
- Review, analyze and approve third-party reports, including, appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, surveys, preliminary title reports, and other third-party reports.
- Prepare credit approval recommendations.
- Approve loans within policy and loan limits.
- Manage new loan submissions and the underwriting pipeline.
- Manage loan document preparation and loan closings.
- Assist with loan administration; including, payoff demands, modifications and extensions, insurance and tax monitoring, default management, and other portfolio management functions.
- Manage regulatory reporting.
- Develop and maintain the company’s underwriting guidelines and underwriting tools, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the credit administration team.
- Manage, train, coach and mentor members of the credit administration team; including, junior processors and other support personnel.
- Assist with product development and training
- Assist Loan Origination with initial loan reviews, preparation of letters of intent and similar functions.
- Assist the Accounting Department with reporting and projections.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience underwriting commercial real estate loans.
- Institutional credit training is highly desired (commercial bank, investment bank, etc.) with an emphasis on commercial real estate loans.
- Experience underwriting loans against transitional properties and/or properties with construction components.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify issues and create solutions
- Problem solver
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proactively accomplishes tasks
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to challenge team members for higher performance and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Full-time, on-site at our Newport Beach office
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary (up to $125,000 depending on experience)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental & vision for employee and immediate family
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A team-oriented office environment
For immediate consideration:
- Email: email@example.com
Wilshire Finance Partners
1400 Newport Center Drive, Suite 250
Newport Beach, CA 92660